(1) Filing with the Secretary.
All written communications and review documents required or permitted to be filed with the Secretary in accordance with MEPA and 301 CMR 11.00 shall be addressed as follows:
Secretary of Energy & Environmental Affairs
Attention: MEPA Office
[Analyst Name], EEA No. _______
100 Cambridge Street - 9th floor
Boston, Massachusetts 02114
(2) Circulation of ENF. The Proponent shall circulate the ENF as follows:
- (a) To the MEPA Office. Two copies to the Secretary, Attention: MEPA Office.
- (b) To Agency and Other Reviewers. One copy to each of the following (or their successors or assigns):
- 1. Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) - Boston office (attention: MEPA Coordinator); the appropriate regional office (attention: MEPA Coordinator); each program from which a Permit will be sought;
- 2. Massachusetts Highway Department - Public/Private Development Unit; and the appropriate district office;
- 3. Massachusetts Historical Commission;
- 4. The appropriate regional planning agency (RPA);
- 5. In each municipality affected by the Project - the city council/board of selectmen; the planning boardldepartment; the conservation commission; and the departmenvboard of health;
- 6. Massachusetts Coastal Zone Management (MCZM) office and the Division of Marine Fisheries, if the Project is in a Coastal Zone community;
- 7. Department of Agricultural Resources, if the Project site has been in agricultural use within the last 15 years;
- 8. Natural Heritage and Endangered Species Program, if the Project site is within or contains designated significant or estimated habitat, or priority sites of endangered or threatened species or species of special concern in accordance with the Massachusetts Endangered Species Act;
- 9. Department of Conservation and Recreation (DCR), if the Project affects DCR roadways, watersheds or other properties;
- 10. Department of Public Health (DPH), if the Project implicates public health impacts;
- 11. Department of Energy Resources (DOER), if the Project is subject to the Greenhouse Gas Emissions Policy, and the Energy Facvilities Siting Board (EFSB), if the project is subject to review by EFSB;
- 12. Massachusetts Water Resources Authority (MWRA), if the Project is in a municipality served by the MWRA;
- 13. Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA), if the Project affects MBTA facilities or properties; and
- 14. Any other Agency from which an Agency Action may be required for the Project.
- (c) Requested Copies. The Proponent shall promptly send a copy of the ENF, free of charge, to any Agency or Person requesting it during the review period for the ENF. The Proponent shall maintain a list of each Person or Agency requesting a copy, the date of each request, and the date each copy was sent out. The Secretary may extend the review period for the ENF as a result of undue delay by the Proponent in providing copies.
(3) Circulation of EIR.
The Proponent shall circulate the EIR as follows:
- (a) To the MEPA Office. Three copies to the Secretary, Attention: MEPA Office;
- (b) To Previous Commenters and Others. One copy, free of charge, to each Person or Agency who previously commented on the ENF and to any other Agency or Person identified by the Secretary in the Scope or thereafter.
- (c) Requested Copies. The Proponent shall promptly send a copy of the EIR to any Agency or Person requesting it during the public comment period, free of charge, except that the Proponent may, with the consent of the Secretary, charge the cost of reproduction for these additional copies. The Proponent shall maintain a list of each Agency or Person requesting a copy, the date of each request, and the date each copy was sent out. The Secretary may extend the public comment period for the EIR as a result of undue delay by the Proponent in providing copies.
(4) List of Addresses.
The MEPA Office shall maintain a list of current addresses for each Agency, as well as lists of municipalities by coastal zone, watershed, and DEP, MHD, RPA, MWRA, and MBTA region or district, and shall make the information available to a Proponent upon request.
Disclaimer: This online edition is not the official version of the MEPA Regulations, and may not reflect any recently promulgated changes. While reasonable efforts have been made to assure the accuracy of the text provided, do not rely on this information without first checking an official edition available through the State House Bookstore, the State library, county law libraries, or your local library.