The Green Communities Designation and Grant Program, an initiative of the Green Communities Division, works with municipalities toward qualification as a Green Community and provides funding to qualified municipalities for energy efficiency and renewable energy initiatives.
NEW GUIDANCE POSTED MARCH, 2012
Changes since Fall 2011 guidance include:
- Consolidation of information to reduce repetitiveness and improve flow
- Clarification that applying projected energy savings to other buildings must be justified
- Clarification of how measures implemented after the baseline, but prior to the ERP submission, can be included as credit towards the 20% reduction plan
- Addition of Table 5 to track Renewable Energy projects
Changes from February 28, 2012 guidance: clarification on replacement of an existing building
* * *
Establish an energy use baseline and develop a plan to reduce energy use by twenty percent (20%) within five (5) years
- Energy Reduction Action Plan Guidance and Outline - revised 2/28/2012
- For Word 2007 and later (with Energy Reduction Plan Tables embedded)
- Sample Energy Reduction Plans:
This information is provided by the Department of Energy Resources.