MassEnergyInsight is an essential tool to help communities make sound decisions and take actions to maximize energy efficiency.
The Department of Energy Resources (DOER) offers MassEnergyInsight free to cities, towns, and other local and regional governmental entities such as school districts, drinking water districts and regional wastewater treatment plants. This web-based tool provides access to energy information for multiple uses, including buildings, vehicles, streetlights and traffic lights, drinking water and wastewater treatment and pumping.
MassEnergyInsight enables cities and towns to perform key energy management tasks:
- Develop an energy use baseline
- Examine energy use by departments and by fuel type
- Forecast energy budgets
- Show the results of energy efficiency investments
- Develop a greenhouse gas emissions inventory
- Facilitate communication and awareness about energy use
- Generate reports for stakeholders
MassEnergyInsight enables building and account-level energy analysis:
- Benchmark building performance
- Identify priority targets for energy efficiency investments
- Demonstrate the results of energy efficiency investments
Join the Massachusetts communities and regional entities that are already using MassEnergyInsight!
This information is provided by the Department of Energy Resources.