Energy Efficiency Improvements Eligible for the HEAT Loan Program
- Attic, Wall, and Basement Insulation
- High Efficiency Heating Systems
- High Efficiency Domestic Hot Water Systems
- Solar Hot Water Systems
- Energy Star Windows
- Energy Star Thermostats
Click here for more information including list of statewide lenders.
Offers a low-interest rate Energy & Fuel Conservation Loan to its members that includes:
- Utility bills, including pre-paid oil
- Wood or wood pellets
- Wood or wood pellet stoves
- Appliances, furnaces, and hot water heaters that are Energy Star-certified ( energystar.gov)
- Pre-paid bus or other public transportation passes
- Fuel-efficient alternative transportation devices such as bicycles, mopeds, and scooters
- Low-cost home improvements such as weather-stripping, storm doors, or insulation
Energy Efficient Mortgages
Federal Programs : Consumer Guide on that explains energy efficient mortgages and their benefits including availability through federal programs, direct link to HUD Information on Energy Efficient Mortgages also available.
This information is provided by the Department of Energy Resources.