- The Massachusetts Division of Standards regulates the delivery of heating oil and propane to your home. Report any violations to the Division.
- The Propane Gas Association of New England (PGANE) has a list of dealers in MA.
- Mostly available to heating oil customers, these contracts give consumers the opportunity to lock in prices throughout the heating season. DOER's Tip Sheet on what to look for when shopping for a contract.
- Most people know propane as the fuel in a white container attached to a barbecue grill. But propane has long proven its versatility for heating homes, heating water, cooking, drying clothes, fueling gas fireplaces, and as an alternative fuel for vehicles. However, more propane is used to make petrochemicals which are the building blocks for plastics, alcohol, fibers, and cosmetics, to name just a few.
- The Attorney General's Consumer Hotline, (617) 727-8400, is staffed with trained professionals who will review your complaint and determine whether it is appropriate for a free, voluntary mediation service we provide, or whether to direct you to another government agency or other resource. If the complaint is one we believe we may be able to assist you with, the Consumer Hotline staff will attempt to contact the business or other organization on your behalf to see if the matter can be resolved outside of court.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.