- According to the MA Executive Office of Public Safety, heating equipment is the leading cause of CO2 incidents. Public Safety offers comprehensive information on how to avoid these incidents.
- Comprehensive space heating fire prevention tips. Also links to prevention tips from the National Fire Protection Association which attributes 73% of home heating fire deaths to space heaters.
- Heating equipment is a leading cause of home fires during the months of December, January and February, and trails only cooking equipment in home fires year-round. Learn more from the National Fire Protection Association.
- In case of a power outage and when using candles, here are tips to avoid fires.
- Before excavating in yards, all contractors and residents should contact Dig Safe to find out where existing utility pipelines and infrastructure is located.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.