Pellet stoves, inserts, and boilers are increasingly popular options for heating in Massachusetts and throughout the country. In response to this interest, the Mass. Department of Energy Resources (DOER) is now providing wood pellet pricing information to give consumers a better sense of the pellet market.
- The US DOE's Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy section provides comprehensive information on wood and pellet heating.
Wood Pellet Guide file size 1MBPublished by the Department of Energy Resources, this guide provides comprehensive information on installing and using wood pellet stoves.
Consumer Buying Guide published by the MA Division of Standards
- Learn about emissions and other clean air regulations for wood stoves from the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection.
- The Board of Building Regulations and Standards publishes the State Building Code for installing wood stoves.
- Learn about safety issues associated with wood heating from the Massachusetts Executive Office of Public Safety (EOPS).
- Fuel assistance and weatherization programs are available to consumers whom use wood as their primary heat source.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.