Siting Division of the Department of Public Utilities
Siting Division Responsibilities
Pursuant to G.L. c. 25, § 4, the Department of Public Utilities ("Department") refers certain types of Department proceedings to the Siting Division for review. These types of proceedings are as follows:
- Issuing licenses to construct and operate transmission lines pursuant to G.L. c. 164, § 72;
- Providing individual and comprehensive exemptions from municipal zoning by-laws for facilities, pursuant to G.L. c. 40A, § 3; and
- To authorize the taking land by eminent domain for facility easements, pursuant to G.L. c. 164, § 69R.
- To authorize the taking of land by eminent domain for railroads, pursuant to G.L. c. 160, § 83.
- DPU Chair can consolidate a project with both Department and Siting Board jurisdictions for the EFSB to conduct a single adjudicatory proceeding pursuant to G.L. c. 25, 4.
This information is provided by the Department of Public Utilities
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.