The Massachusetts Department of Energy Resources invites you to join its team of experts for upcoming webinars on a variety of topics essential for your city or town and its clean energy activities. To register for a specific session, click on its link under "Upcoming Webinars." If you would like to receive invitations to these webinars, please Subscribe to DOER Email Updates .
|May 28, 2014||SunShot Initiative - Rooftop Solar Challenge|
DOER recently released a model zoning bylaw for the regulation of solar energy systems to help Massachusetts cities and towns establish reasonable standards to facilitate development of small-, medium- and large-scale ground-mounted and roof-mounted solar energy systems, as well as companion guidance to assist local officials in interpreting the bylaw and determine how these systems should be regulated. Join this webinar to learn more about these documents, which were developed under the U.S. Department of Energy SunShot Initiative Rooftop Solar Challenge grant, a program aimed at lowering the “soft costs “ – such as permitting, zoning, and financing – of residential and small commercial rooftop solar photovoltaic (PV) systems.
May 28, 2014, 1 pm (EDT)
- Kurt Gaertner, Director of Sustainable Development, MA Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs
- Emma Krause, Rooftop Solar Challenge II Program Coordinator, DOER
Watch for a Registration Link
Please watch this page - and your DOER email updates - for registration links and future webinar offerings.
Note: Recordings are saved as Windows Media files. If you have problems running a recording, please ensure that your computer associates the .wmv file extension with a media player installed on your computer, such as Windows Media Player.
- Green Ribbon Schools Recording file size 29MB - October 10, 2012
- Net Metering 101 Recording file size 44MB - April 19, 2012
- Qualified Energy Conservation Bonds file size 32MB - November 17, 2011
- Zoning to Reduce Car Traffic and Greenhouse Gas Emissions file size 41MB - October 25, 2011
- Wind Development Overview for Municipal Officials file size 40MB - June 23, 2011
- Fuel Efficient Vehicles for Municipalities file size 25MB - April 6, 2011
- Municipal Energy Success Stories & Lessons Learned file size 28MB - March 9, 2011
- Energy Management Services / Performance Contracting Recording file size 45MB - February 16, 2011
- Making the Most of a Municipal Energy Audit file size 49MB - January 5, 2011
- Solar 101 file size 41MB - December 1, 2010
- Stretch Code 201 file size 43MB - November 3, 2010
- Navigating the Green Communities Designation Process file size 41MB - October 6, 2010
This information is provided by the Department of Energy Resources.