- The Toxics Use Reduction Institute (TURI) in collaboration with the Office of Technical Assistance and Technology (OTA) and the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection (MassDEP) and the Toxics Use Reduction Administrative Council presents a Toxics Use Reduction Planner One-Day Continuing Education Conference.
- The Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection (MassDEP) and Office of Technical Assistance and Technology (OTA) are partnering with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to hold four training sessions on 2009 TURA/TRI reporting requirements.
Resource Conservation Planning Day 2: Energy Efficiency and Water Conservation - March 23, 2010, Westborough, MAResource Conservation Planning Day 2: Energy Efficiency and Water Conservation - March 23, 2010, Westborough, MA
- The Massachusetts Office of Technical Assistance and Technology (OTA) invites you to participate in a meeting on October 16th in Marlborough. This half-day event will highlight results of OTA's feasibility study on high-speed digital printing for the textile industry. Representatives from industry, the Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs, the Executive Office of Housing and Economic Development, and the John Adams Innovation Institute will discuss future opportunities to develop a prototype of the technology and to extend the technology to other industry sectors. The meeting will conclude with a series of technical presentations on the current state of high-speed digital printing and a networking lunch.
- June 9, 2009, Marlborough, Massachusetts
OTA Event Archives and ProceedingsOTA regularly hosts or co-sponsors conferences and workshops on regulatory requirements, new and proven pollution prevention technologies for specific industry sectors, or technology transfer seminars/demonstration events, as a way to share a technology that would make a profound contribution for a specific industry or process. Last year OTA hosted or co-sponsored several workshops, conferences, or demonstration events. Key events included:
- The Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection (MassDEP) introduced new regulations that will affect many spray coating operations emitting relatively small quantities of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs). The Office of Technical Assistance and Technology (OTA) hosted this workshop to help affected businesses better understand these regulations, avoid common regulatory compliance violations, and reduce VOC emissions.
- The Massachusetts Office of Technical Assistance and Technology (OTA) hosted a series of workshops in April 2008 to help businesses learn more about energy efficiency and water conservation. The workshops included presentations from OTA staff, business leaders, consultants, and officials from water, gas, and electrical utilities. Copies of the presentations from OTA staff can be found on the OTA Energy Conservation page and the Water Conservation page. For assistance with either water conservation or energy efficiency, please contact OTA at (617) 626-1060.
- MassDEP, in partnership with the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Associated Industries of Massachusetts (AIM), the Office of Technical Assistance and Technology, the Toxics Use Reduction Institute (TURI) and the Central Massachusetts Business Environmental Network (CMBEN), offered a seminar to educate businesses on state and federal environmental regulations as they pertain to coatings and to provide available resources. Tracking software, technical assistance and a discussion on alternative technologies were some of the topics covered. The brochure and registration form is available. DEP CERO will post presentations on their website shortly. If you have any questions about the event please contact Marina Gayl at (617) 626-1077.
- This training was designed to assist those interested in learning about the U.S. Department of Energy's tools for industrial facilities, and available state and federal resources, in their work with facilities in the Commonwealth. If you have questions please contact John Raschko (617) 626-1093 or Rick Reibstein at (617) 626-1062.
- OTA, with co-sponsorship from MassDEP, the Massachusetts Division of Occupational Safety, the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, and the Environmental Business Council, hosted a conference in November 2007 on the growing nanotechnology industry in Massachusetts. The purpose of the conference was to begin a dialogue between government and those involved in nanotechnology on developing appropriate strategies for assessing and managing the risks associated with the manufacture, use and ultimate disposition of nano materials. The conference featured presentations by nationally-recognized experts on what is needed to address relevant environmental, health and safety issues. Speaker presentations are available for download.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.