Welcome to the Massachusetts Environmental Police Vessel/Off-Highway Vehicle Online Registration System

Using this citizen access portal, you can process your registration renewal, apply for a duplicate registration, and check the status of your registrations from the convenience of your home or office. Upon completion of your online transaction, you will be prompted to print a temporary registration. This temporary registration will allow you to operate your vessel or off-highway vehicle for a 15-day period while your registration is being processed. Please carry your signed temporary registration while operating your vessel/off-highway vehicle.

What You Will Need to Process Your Registration Transaction (IMPORTANT INFORMATION!)

  • A credit card (Visa, Master Card, Discover and American Express) to pay for all transaction fees.
  • The registered owner’s last name (all CAPS), date of birth, physical address zip code, registration number (no spaces between characters and all CAPS) and email address.
  • You will be asked to create a USER NAME and PASSWORD if this is your first visit to our new registration website.
  • Please enable all pop-ups on this site before processing
  • Browser Requirements:  This system works best with Internet Explorer 10 and 11, Mozilla Firefox 32, Safari 6, Chrome37 and Opera 24.

PLEASE NOTE:  A business or organization cannot renew their registration online at this time.  You can mail in your registration or visit any one of our 5 registration locations.

Online Registration Notice

Please note:  Individuals who own and/or operate boats, off-highway vehicles, and snowmobiles in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts are responsible for complying with applicable laws and regulations.  To find  the laws associated with owning and operating a boat, off-highway vehicle, or snowmobile, please consult Massachusetts General Law, Chapter 90B.

You may also visit our Frequently Asked Questions pages:

Failure to comply with applicable laws and regulations regarding the proper registration of boats,  off-highway vehicles and snowmobiles  may result in fines, the suspension or revocation of your registration, or other penalties provided by law. If you provide false, inaccurate or incomplete information on your application, submit false, inaccurate or incomplete documentation with your application, or have outstanding fines, the Massachusetts Environmental Police may not issue a registration to you, and you may be subject to additional fines. In addition, if the Massachusetts Environmental Police issues a registration to you and you provided false, inaccurate or incomplete   information either in your application or in the documentation submitted with your application, the Massachusetts Environmental Police may rescind, revoke, or suspend your registration, and you may be subject to fines.

Frequently Asked Questions: Boats, Atvs and Snowmobiles