The LAND Program (formerly the Self-Help Program) was established in 1961 to assist municipal conservation commissions in acquiring land for natural resource protection and passive outdoor recreation purposes. The grant provides reimbursement funding for the acquisition of land or a conservation restriction, as well as for limited associated acquisition costs. Lands acquired may include forests, fields, wetlands, wildlife habitat, unique natural, historic or cultural resources, and some farmland. Access by the general public is required. Appropriate passive outdoor recreational uses such as hiking, fishing, hunting, cross-country skiing, and bird watching are encouraged.
- Reimbursement rate: 52-70%
- Maximum Award amount: $400,000
- Application deadline: July 15, 2015
For program details and requirements, refer to the most current Request for Responses (RFR) below. To apply complete the application form below. Check this page often for news of the next grant offering.
Information sessions will be held on the following dates:
LAND Grant Links
- Reimbursement Rates
- FY16 LAND Grant RFR
- Attachment A – Application Form
- Attachment B – Project Selection Rating System
- Attachment C – CPA & Cape Cod Land Bank requirements
- Attachment D – Sample municipal vote
- Attachment E – Guidelines for boundary maps
Program Regulations: 301 CMR 5.00
This information is provided by the Division of Conservation Services.