FY18 GRANT ROUND NOW OPEN!
The LAND Program (formerly the Self-Help Program) was established in 1961 to assist municipal conservation commissions in acquiring land for natural resource protection and passive outdoor recreation purposes. The grant provides reimbursement funding for the acquisition of land or a conservation restriction, as well as for limited associated acquisition costs. Lands acquired may include forests, fields, wetlands, wildlife habitat, unique natural, historic or cultural resources, and some farmland. Access by the general public is required. Appropriate passive outdoor recreational uses such as hiking, fishing, hunting, cross-country skiing, and bird watching are encouraged.
- Reimbursement rate: 52-70%
- Maximum Award amount: $400,000
- Application deadline: July 12, 2017 at 3:00pm
For program details and requirements, refer to the most current BID document below. To apply complete the application form below.
For more information, RSVP to Emmanuel Owusu for one of our grant workshops:
- May 17, 2017 at 11:00 am in Amherst at 101 University Drive, Suite C4
- May 18, 2017 at 11:00 am in Boston at 100 Cambridge Street, 2nd Floor conference room A
LAND Grant Links
- FY18 LAND Grant BID Document
- FY18 LAND Grant Fillable Application
- FY18 Grant Workshop Presentation file size 2MB
- Questions and Answers from the FY17 Grant Workshop
- FY18 LAND Grant Rating System
- FY18 reimbursement rates
Program Regulations: 301 CMR 5.00
This information is provided by the Division of Conservation Services.