The Administrative Council On Toxics Use Reduction
The Administrative Council is the governing body of the TURA program and is responsible for program policy oversight. The six-member council is chaired by the Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs, Ian Bowles; and is charged with coordinating state enforcement of laws and regulations on chemical use and toxic waste generation, implementing policies that promote worker health and safety, and safeguarding public health. Key responsibilities of the Council include:
- Making determinations on petitions to list and delist chemicals
- Maintaining the chemical reporting list for the TURA program
- Designating higher and lower hazard substances
- Designating priority user segments
- Evaluating and setting reporting fees
Questions concerning the Administrative Council can be directed to Rich Bizzozero at 617-626-1080. The council meets several times each year and all meetings are open to the public.