• living with wildlife
    • Wildlife Rehabilitation
      Know what to do if you find sick or injured wildlife.
    • Wildlife as Pets
      Can I keep a skunk as a pet? Do I need a permit to keep my wolf when I move to Massachusetts? The Division of Fisheries and Wildlife fields these and similar questions from people with an interest in keeping some kind of wild or exotic wildlife as a pet.

    • Report Rare Species
      The Natural Heritage & Endangered Species Program begins all its conservation efforts with actual observations of vulnerable species and priority natural communities. These observations come from a wide variety of sources--university researchers, local naturalists, consultants, NHESP staff, survey volunteers, and the general public-which is why thorough documentation is necessary for inclusion into our database.
    • Wildlife Fact Sheets Library
      Wildlife fact sheets and articles available as PDFs.
    • Moving Wildlife
      Though people don't intend any harm, there are consequences to moving wildlife elsewhere. Some of these consequences affect both wildlife and other people.
    • Finding Young Wildlife
      What should you do if you find a fawn? a cub? Get some tips on the best actions to take.
    • Preventing Conflicts with Wildlife
      Prevent and resolve problems with wildlife in your home, on your property, or in your neighborhood.
    • PAC Agents and Districts
      Understand the role of a Problem Animal Control (PAC) Agent and find licensed individuals who handle specific nuisance wildlife problems on your property.
    • Wildlife Laws and Regulations

Recommended Content

People also viewed...

You recently viewed...

Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.

Learn more on our .

*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.