What is a Watershed?
A watershed is a geographic area of land in which all surface and ground water flows downhill to common point, such as a river, stream, pond, lake, wetland, or estuary.
Do you know what watershed you live and/or work in?
This handy spreadsheet will help you find your watershed address!
More Information and Resources
- The Watershed Protection Act (DCR)
- DCR Watershed Protection Act Online Mapping Viewer (MassGIS)
- Watersheds (MassDEP)
- Coldwater Fishery Resources by Watershed (DFW)
- Coastal Watersheds Map (CZM, order full-color map)
- Surface Water Supply Watersheds, GIS data layer (MassGIS)
This information is provided by the Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs, Office of Water Policy