- Land can be protected in fee simple, through a conservation, or agricultural preservation restriction.
- There are many good reasons to conserve land in Massachusetts - protection of water resources, more parks and playgrounds, great outdoor recreation opportunities, viable farms and forests, and protection of biodiversity.
- The purpose of the Areas of Critical Environmental Concern (ACEC) Program is to preserve, restore, and enhance critical environmental resources and resource areas of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. The goals of the program are to identify and designate these ecological areas, to increase the level of protection for ACECs, and to facilitate and support the stewardship of ACECs.
- Acquiring important habitat is the primary function of the Massachusetts Department of Fish and Game and its Division of Fisheries & Wildlife's (DFW) Land Protection Program.
- Protected and recreational open space datalayer contains the boundaries of conservation lands and outdoor recreational facilities in Massachusetts.
- The APR Program is a voluntary program which is intended to offer a non-development alternative to farmers and other owners of "prime" and "state important" agricultural land who are faced with a decision regarding future use and disposition of their farms.
- The Farm Viability Enhancement Program helps farmers keep their families on the land and keep sprawl from consuming their farms. It involves strengthening the business skills of farmers, combined with diversification and environmental integrity.
- The primary purpose of the State-owned Farmland Licensing Program is to make publicly-owned agricultural land available to farmers and others through agricultural licenses, thereby allowing participants to benefit by implementation of best management practices to assure access to and investment in these public-lands.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.