- Check out the Commonwealth's Public golf courses!
- The vast majority of athletic fields, courts and other active recreation facilities are located in the Division of Urban Parks and Recreation. Department of Conservation and Recreation's Urban Division manages twenty-eight (28) properties offering active sport facilities. These include tennis and basketball courts and baseball, softball,soccer and football fields.
- Also known as Off Highway Vehicle (OHV), ORV's are any motor vehicle designed or modified for use over unimproved terrain if used for recreation or pleasure off a public way and all legally registered motor vehicles when used off a way.
- Tennis courts are open from dawn to dusk. Lighted courts are open until 10:00pm. Find one now in the Greater Boston area.
- We invite you to enjoy your outdoor recreation activities this winter and experience the fun of snowmobiling at forests and parks across the Commonwealth. To assist you in your planning, we would like to acquaint you with the regulations for snow vehicle operation in MassParks, how to register your snowmobile, as well as featured state properties open to snowmobile use.
- Cross-country, downhill and snow boarding in the Commonwealth.
- Helmets and protective gear are recommended for all cyclists and are required for children under 16 years of age.
- Take in the sights and sounds of the season while exploring some of the best mountain bike trails.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.