These four forests are open to OHV use through the partnership of the Berkshire Trails Council and local OHV clubs who help to maintain the trails for all visitors. OHV trails in Western Massachusetts are challenging and only suitable for the intermediate to expert rider. For more detailed information, trail maps and directions go to www.mass.gov/dcr/forparks.htm
- Beartown State Forest (Lee, Great Barrington and Monterey) 413-528-0904 - Approximately 25 miles of OHV trails suitable for motorcycles or ATVs.
- October Mountain State Forest (Lee, Lenox, Washington and Becket) 413-243-1778 - Approximately 30 miles of OHV trails suitable for motorcycles or ATVs.
- Pittsfield State Forest (Pittsfield, Lanesboro and Hancock) 413-442-8992 - Approximately 14 miles of OHV trails suitable for motorcycles or ATVs. A daily permit is required for ATV and motorcycle riding in Pittsfield State Forest; see the <em>permitting process on this page</em> for details.
- Tolland State Forest (Tolland, Sandisfield and Otis) 413-269-6002 - Approximately 15 miles of OHV trails best suited to MGL c. 90 registered motorcycles (motorcycles registered and equipped to ride on public roads). Many Tolland trails merge with public ways where ATV use is prohibited; ATV riders will find more suitable trails in Beartown, October Mt. and Pittsfield State Forests.
These two forests are open to OHV use through the partnership of the Pilgrim Sands Trail Riders and King Philip Trail Riders who help to maintain the trails for all visitors. For more detailed information, trail maps and directions go to www.mass.gov/dcr/forparks.htm
- Freetown-Fall River State Forest (Freetown and Fall River) 508-644-5522 - Approximately 25 miles of singe track trails for the expert rider. Motorcycles only.
- F. Gilbert Hills, Wrentham and Franklin State Forests (Foxboro, Wrentham and Franklin) 508-543-9084 - Approximately 8 miles of single track motorcycle trail in each of the three forests. Best suited to intermediate to expert riders. Motorcycles only.
This information is provided by the Off-Highway Vehicle Program.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.