This report, prepared by EEA and the Massachusetts Climate Change Adaptation Advisory Committee, is the first broad overview of climate change as it affects Massachusetts, the impacts of this change, vulnerabilities of multiple sectors ranging from natural resources, infrastructure, public health, and the economy. It also provides an analysis of potential strategies that could better prepare us for this changing world.
The report is organized into two parts. Part I includes an overview of the observed and predicted changes to Massachusetts' climate and their anticipated impacts, key findings, a set of guiding principles to follow, and key adaptation strategies that cut across multiple sectors. Part II is organized into five broad areas, describing for each area the vulnerabilities to climate change and outlining adaptation strategies that could help increase resilience and preparedness.
- List of Climate Change Adaptation Advisory Committee Members
- Climate Change Adaptation Advisory Committee Meetings
- Presentations by the Adaptation Subcommittees to the Massachusetts Legislature
- Presentation by the Advisory Committee on Climate Change Science and Data
- Presentation by the Coastal Zones and Oceans Subcommittee
- Presentation by the Human Health and Welfare Subcommittee
- Presentation by the Local Economy and Government Subcommittee
- Presentation by the Key Infrastructure and Land Use Subcommittees
- Presentation by the Natural Resource Subcommittee
- Public Information Sessions
This information provided by the Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs .