- Design Elements for Regional Allowance Auctions
- Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative (RGGI)
- RGGI Auction Proceeds for Massachusetts
Tracking the State's Carbon Footprint
DOER has completed the Commonwealths' Massachusetts CO2 Inventory ( PDF version ). The Patrick Administration has made a strong commitment to addressing global warming by tracking our state's total carbon footprint (tracking all energy sources). Check back often to learn more about the state's carbon reduction activities. Email us to provide feedback/suggestions.
Links to Massachusetts Programs/Initiatives
- MA Auction Proceeds to be Invested in Energy Efficiency
- MA RGGI: Department of Environmental Protection's Climate Change Information
225 CMR 13.00, DOER CO 2 Budget Trading Program Auction Regulation
- 225 CMR 13.00 establishes rules for the conduct of auctions of CO 2 allowances to be administered by the Department of Energy Resources or its agent as part of the Massachusetts component of the CO 2 Budget Trading Program, which is designed to stabilize and then reduce anthropogenic emissions of CO 2, a greenhouse gas, from CO 2 budget sources in an economically efficient manner that minimizes costs to electricity consumers. This regulation complements the provisions of the Department of Environmental Protection regulation, 310 CMR 7.70.
To view and download this regulation, click here