In response to the Oceans Act of 2008, the Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs (EEA) issued the original Massachusetts Ocean Management Plan in December 2009. The Oceans Act requires EEA to review and update the ocean plan at least once every five years. The Draft Massachusetts Ocean Management Plan released on September 2014 presented the first formal proposed amendment to the 2009 ocean plan. Links to Volumes 1 and 2 of this draft ocean plan, complete with all figures and maps, are provided below.
For information on the review and update process, along with links to the final 2015 Massachusetts Ocean Management Plan, the final 2009 Massachusetts Ocean Management Plan, ocean management plan data, and the 2009 draft ocean plan and related documents, see the Massachusetts Ocean Management Plan home page.
Volume 1 - Management and Administration
- Complete document with color figures/maps - high resolution file size 91MB
- Complete document with color figures/maps - lower resolution file size 22MB
- Text only - Chapters 1, 2, and 3; Appendices 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, and 8 file size 3MB (no color figures)
- Color figures/maps from Chapter 2 file size 75MB (Printer Friendly - 8.5"x11")
- Color figures/maps from Chapter 2 file size 35MB (11"x17")
- Appendix 4 with color figures/maps file size 5MB
- Appendix 5 with color figures/maps file size 3MB
Volume 2 - Baseline Assessment and Science Framework
- Complete document with color figures/maps file size 19MB
- Text only - Baseline Assessment and Science Framework file size 3MB (no color figures)
- Color figures/maps from Baseline Assessment file size 11MB