In response to the Oceans Act of 2008, the Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs (EEA) issued the original Massachusetts Ocean Management Plan in December 2009. The Oceans Act requires EEA to review and update the ocean plan at least once every five years. The 2015 Massachusetts Ocean Management Plan, released on January 6, 2015, is the first formal amendment to the 2009 ocean plan. Links to Volumes 1 and 2 of this document, complete with all figures and maps, are provided below.
For information on the review and update process, along with links to the draft ocean plan released in September 2014 and other relevant documents prepared to update the plan, the 2009 Massachusetts Ocean Management Plan, ocean management plan data, and the 2009 draft ocean plan and related documents, see the Massachusetts Ocean Management Plan home page.
Volume 1 - Management and Administration
- Complete document with color figures/maps - high resolution file size 71MB
- Complete document with color figures/maps - lower resolution file size 5MB
- Color figures/maps from Chapter 2 file size 53MB (Printer Friendly - 8.5"x11")
- Color figures/maps from Chapter 2 file size 22MB (11"x17")
Volume 2 - Baseline Assessment and Science Framework
- Complete document with color figures/maps - high resolution file size 18MB
- Complete document with color figures/maps - lower resolution file size 4MB
- Color figures/maps from Baseline Assessment file size 10MB