The Oceans Act charged the Ocean Advisory Commission (OAC) with assisting the Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs in developing the ocean management plan by holding public meetings and making recommendations for the proper management and development of the plan. As directed by the Oceans Act, this 17-member commission includes legislators, agency heads, representatives from a commercial fishing organization and an environmental organization, an expert in offshore renewable energy, and representatives from the coastal Regional Planning Agencies. The OAC provided valuable support in developing the first Massachusetts Ocean Management Plan,and continues to provide important advice and guidance on ongoing implementation of the plan, and on the plan review and update process.
- Senator Dan Wolf
- Senator Anthony Petruccelli
- Senator Bruce Tarr
- Representative Frank Smizik
- Representative Viriato DeMacedo
- Bruce Carlisle, Director, Massachusetts Office of Coastal Zone Management
- Paul Diodati, Director, Division of Marine Fisheries, Massachusetts Department of Fish and Game
- David Cash, Commissioner, Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection
- Jack Clarke (chair), Mass Audubon
- John Miller, Marine Renewable Energy Center
- John Pappalardo, Cape Cod Commercial Hook Fishermen’s Association
- Heather McElroy, Cape Cod Commission
- Mayor Carolyn Kirk, City of Gloucester/ Metropolitan Area Planning Council
- Alan Macintosh, Assistant Director; Merrimack Valley Commission
- JoAnn Taylor, Martha's Vineyard Commission
- Andrew Vorce, Director, Nantucket Planning and Economic Development Commission
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.