- In 2007 EEA developed a guidance document that provides greater clarity to dam removal.
- The Office of Dam Safety maintains records of dams located throughout the Commonwealth, ensures compliance with acceptable practices pertaining to dam inspection, maintenance, operation and repair of dams.
- Information and resources provided by MassDEP about estuaries.
- Information and resources provided by MassDEP.
- Index streamflows were developed for Massachusetts' rivers to represent average seasonal flows and protect aquatic habitats.
- Low Impact Development is an approach to environmentally friendly land use planning that include landscaping and design techniques that attempt to maintain the natural, pre-developed ability of a site to manage rainfall and recharge groundwater.
- The Massachusetts Bays Program is a partnership of citizens, communities, and government that strives to protect and enhance the coastal health and heritage of Massachusetts and Cape Cod Bays.
- The Division of Ecological Restoration (DER), in the Department of Fish & Game, coordinates ecological restoration to improve habitat for fish and wildlife and to restore important ecosystem services that improve the quality of life for all Massachusetts citizens.
- Information and resources provided by MassDEP on Chapter 91 and waterways.
- Information and resources on wetlands from MassDEP.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.