- Striking a balance between the needs for water by humans and our natural environment is the goal of the Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs' (EEA) water policies. EEA's Water Policy team implements the Massachusetts Water Policy, established in 2004, through various projects at EEA and our agencies.
- Low Impact Development is an approach to environmentally friendly land use planning that include landscaping and design techniques that attempt to maintain the natural, pre-developed ability of a site to manage rainfall and recharge groundwater.
- Links to laws and regulations that protect the water resources of the Commonwealth.
- Links to water policies and guidance documents specific to the protection of the water resources on the Commonwealth.
- A comprehensive set of state laws and regulations related to water from MassDEP.
- The Division of Water Supply Protection is continuously planning to maintain the quality of the metropolitan Boston drinking water supply.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.