The Senior Community Service Employment Program, funded under Title V of the Older Americans Act through the U.S. Department of Labor, enables us to help employ low-income individuals, age 55 and older, throughout the Commonwealth. Enrollees are placed in temporary training assignments where they gain valuable on-the-job work experience and training needed to gain employment in the private sector.
- Enrollees benefit from training, counseling, and community service assignments at non-profit organizations in their communities, prior to transitioning into the private sector.
- Participants are placed at eligible training sites for which they are paid minimum wage for 20 hours per week.
SCSEP State Plan
- Gain valuable new skills and enhance the abilities of enrollees.
- Increase enrollee's opportunities to obtain jobs in the private sector.
- Change stereotypes about individuals 55 and older through public education and demonstrated success.
- Assist enrollees with developing job search skills.
- Resume development assistance.
- Enrollment in One Stop system, which provides valuable job counseling, job search, training and resume assistance.
- Referral to support services as needed.
- Be 55 years of age or older and a resident of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Annual family income must not be more than 125% of the established federal poverty income guidelines.
Seniors interested in the Senior Community Service Employment Program may contact the nearest office for more information or call the Executive Office of Elder Affairs at 617-727-7750.
|Massachusetts Executive Office of Elder Affairs||617-727-7750|
|Citizens for Citizens, Inc.||Hampden, Plymouth||508-679-0041|
|Elder Services of Berkshire County||Berkshire||413-499-0524|
|Operation A.B.L.E. of Greater Boston||Essex, Middlesex, Norfolk, Suffolk, Worcester||617-542-4180 or|
|National Asian Pacific Center on Aging|
|Greater Boston Chinese Golden Age Center||Suffolk, Norfolk||617-357-0226|
|National Senior Network||Essex, Middlesex||978-275-9740|
|Senior Services America Inc.|
|Catholic Charities||Franklin, Worcester||508-860-2241|
|Citizens for Citizens Inc.||Bristol||508-679-0041|
|City of Springfield, Department of Elder Affairs||Hampden, Hampshire||413-787-6126 or|
|Elder Services of Cape and the Islands||Barnstable, Dukes, Nantucket||508-394-4630|
|Coastline Elder Services||Plymouth, Bristol||508-999-6400 or|
|National Urban League|
|Urban League of Eastern Massachusetts||Suffolk||617-442-4519|