The Senior Community Service Employment Program, funded under Title V of the Older Americans Act through the U.S. Department of Labor, enables us to help employ low-income individuals, age 55 and older, throughout the Commonwealth. Enrollees are placed in temporary training assignments where they gain valuable on-the-job work experience and training needed to gain employment in the private sector.
- Enrollees benefit from training, counseling, and community service assignments at non-profit organizations in their communities, prior to transitioning into the private sector.
- Participants are placed at eligible training sites for which they are paid minimum wage for 20 hours per week.
SCSEP State Plan
- Massachusetts Senior Community Services Employment Program State Plan 2012-2015 - Executive Summary
- Massachusetts Senior Community Services Employment Program State Plan 2012-2015 file size 1MB
- Public Notice for Public Comment
- Gain valuable new skills and enhance the abilities of enrollees.
- Increase enrollee's opportunities to obtain jobs in the private sector.
- Change stereotypes about individuals 55 and older through public education and demonstrated success.
- Assist enrollees with developing job search skills.
- Resume development assistance.
- Enrollment in One Stop system, which provides valuable job counseling, job search, training and resume assistance.
- Referral to support services as needed.
- Be 55 years of age or older and a resident of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Annual family income must not be more than 125% of the established federal poverty income guidelines.
|Massachusetts Executive Office of Elder Affairs||617-727-7750|
|Citizens for Citizens, Inc.||Bristol, Hampden, Hampshire, Middlesex, Norfolk, Plymouth||508-679-0041|
|Elder Services of Berkshire County||Berkshire||413-499-0524|
|Operation A.B.L.E. of Greater Boston||Essex, Middlesex, Suffolk, Worcester||617-542-4180 or|
|National Asian Pacific Center on Aging|
|Greater Boston Chinese Golden Age Center||Suffolk, Norfolk||617-357-0226|
|National Senior Network||Essex, Middlesex||978-275-9740|
|Senior Services America Inc.|
|Catholic Charities||Franklin, Worcester||508-860-2241|
|Citizens for Citizens Inc||Bristol||508-679-0041|
|City of Springfield, Dept of Elder Affairs||Berkshire, Hampden, Hampshire||413-787-6126 or|
|Elder Services of Cape and the Islands||Barnstable, Dukes, Nantucket||508-394-4630|
|Coastline Elder Services||Plymouth, Bristol||508-999-6400 or|
|National Urban League|
|Urban League of Eastern Mass||Norfolk, Suffolk||617-442-4519|