- EBT will not change your benefit amount.
- You will receive your benefits on the same day every month.
- Based on the last digit of your SSN you will receive your benefit(s) on the following dates:
- If you are currently receiving your cash benefits by Direct Deposit, you may continue to do so. You will be required to use your EBT card to access your SNAP account only.
- When you receive your account balance(s) and the amount is higher or lower than you expect, you may call 1-800-997-2555 and obtain your last ten(10) transactions on your account.
- Misuse or abuse of your card will result in investigation by State and/or Federal authorities. Documented violations will result in sanctions including:
- Disqualification from program
- Recovery through recoupment/restitution
- And/or referral for Criminal prosecution
- It is a crime to defraud the system or to sell your card and PIN to others! Repeated loss and replacement of your card may result in a special investigation of your case.
When to Call Customer Service - 1-800-997-2555 This is a free call.Customer Service is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to answer any questions you may have about how to get your benefits. The customer service number is first answered by a computer. You will be asked questions to help direct your call.
Call to find out:
- Where you can use your card.
- Your SNAP account balance.
- Your cash account balance.
- You have questions or problems using your EBT card or secret PIN.
- Your card is lost or stolen. You must report this immediately.
- Your card does not work.
Words to KnowEBT (Electronic Benefit Transfer)
- The way you will get your food benefits and/or cash benefits.
- This machine reads your EBT card so you can buy food with your SNAP benefits and other items with your cash benefits. This can also be called a card reader machine.
- A machine found at banks and stores where you get your cash benefits.
- This four number code must be used with your EBT card. It is very important to keep this code a secret.
This information is provided by the Department of Transitional Assistance.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.