Welcome to Massachusetts WIC!
WIC is a free nutrition program that provides healthy foods, nutrition education, breastfeeding support, and referrals to healthcare and other services to Massachusetts families who qualify. WIC stands for Women, Infants and Children.
WIC’s goal is to keep pregnant and breastfeeding women and kids under 5 healthy. To apply for WIC, call 1-800-WIC-1007 or contact a WIC Program in your community.
What does WIC offer?
WIC's goal is to help keep pregnant and breastfeeding women, new moms, and kids under age 5 healthy. To do this, WIC provides:
- Personalized nutrition information, consultations and support
- Free healthy food
- Tips for eating well to improve health
- Referrals for medical and dental care, health insurance, child care, housing and fuel assistance, and other services that can benefit the whole family
But that's not all! WIC also offers immunization screening and referral, breastfeeding support, and nutrition and health workshops on a variety of topics including meal planning, maintaining a healthy weight, picky eaters, caring for a new baby, and shopping on a budget.
- Who is WIC for?
- How do I apply for WIC?
- What Foods Can I Get from WIC?
- Can Men participate in WIC?
- How do I report Fraud and Abuse
- Related Programs
This information is provided by the Women, Infants and Children (WIC) Nutrition Program within the Department of Public Health .