How do I report Fraud and Abuse of the WIC Program?
The Massachusetts WIC Program takes all complaints seriously and encourages the immediate reporting of any alleged WIC program abuse, violations or fraud.
Individuals making complaints do not need to give their name. Please report as many details and be specific as possible.
WIC Participant Abuse includes the following:
Falsely obtaining WIC benefits including:
- Giving false information to get on WIC, including gross household income, residency, identity, household size, medical and health information.
Improper use of WIC benefits including:
- Selling WIC foods/formula for cash or credit
- Returning WIC foods/formula for cash or credit
- Purchasing unauthorized items
WIC Vendor Abuse includes the following:
- Redeeming WIC benefits for cash, credit, or unauthorized items
- Overcharging WIC shoppers
- Physically or verbally threatening a WIC participant
- Purchasing infant formula from unauthorized sources
How to file a complaint:
Write: WIC Operations Unit
Massachusetts WIC Program
250 Washington Street, 6 th floor
Boston, MA 02108
To report WIC program abuse by a WIC Vendor call 1-800-552-9425.
This information is provided by the Women, Infants and Children (WIC) Nutrition Program within the Department of Public Health .