How do I report Fraud and Abuse of the WIC Program?
The Massachusetts WIC Program takes all complaints seriously and encourages the immediate reporting of any alleged WIC program abuse, violations or fraud.
Individuals making complaints do not need to not to give their name. Please report as many details and be specific as possible.
WIC Participant Abuse includes the following:
Falsely obtaining WIC benefits including:
- Giving false information to get on WIC, including gross household income, residency, identity, household size, medical and health information.
Improper use of WIC checks including:
- Selling WIC foods/formula or checks for cash or credit
- Returning WIC foods/formula for cash or credit
- Purchasing unauthorized items
- Altering WIC checks
WIC Vendor Abuse includes the following:
- Redeeming WIC checks for cash, credit, or unauthorized items
- Overcharging WIC shoppers
- Failing to fill in the purchase price on the WIC check in the presence of the WIC participant.
- Physically or verbally threatening a WIC participant
- Purchasing infant formula from unauthorized sources
How to file a complaint:
Email: You may file a complaint by email to: WICfraud@state.ma.us
Call: To report WIC program abuse about a WIC participant call 1-800-396-8038.
To report WIC program abuse about a WIC Vendor call 1-800-552-9425.
Write: You may file a complaint by writing to:
WIC Operations Unit
Massachusetts WIC Program
250 Washington Street, 6 th floor
Boston, MA 02108