Using your WIC food benefits is now faster, easier and more convenient than ever. WIC has transitioned from the old paper check system to a new electronic benefits card. WIC transactions are now as fast and easy as making a purchase with a debit or credit card.
Your transaction will be much faster than using paper checks. No more separating checks or signing each individual check. At check out, you’ll be able to swipe your new WIC Card the same way that you would with a debit or credit card.
Your nutrition visits will remain the same. Your WIC nutritionist will help you select your food package at your WIC visit every 1-3 months, as you do now. Each month, your family's WIC food benefits will be automatically deposited onto the WIC Card. As you shop, the WIC food items you buy are subtracted from your total. You don’t need to purchase all of your benefits at one time. You will be able to purchase only the foods that you need.
With the WIC Card, you will be able to shop at your convenience. The WIC Card does not change the amount of WIC food benefits you receive, it will just make getting them faster, easier and more convenient.
Click below to learn how to use your new electric WIC Card!
- The new WIC Card Brochure
- The New WIC Card training video for WIC Participants – English www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0AG8tbqzUI
- The New WIC Card training video for WIC Participants – Spanish www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq_eUH2QvIU
- Food List
- Area grocery stores and pharmacies
- WIC Office Locations in Massachusetts
- What does WIC offer?
- Who is WIC for?
- How do I apply for WIC?
- What Foods Can I Get from WIC?
- Can Men participate in WIC?