- Fuel Assistance can help you pay for heating your house or apartment during the winter months, it can pay for fuel, or if heat is included in your rent, it can pay part of your rent.
- This program provides loans for access modifications to the principle residence of elders, adults with disabilities and families of children with disabilities.
- A brief summary of some of the legal remedies tenants may use in order to get housing code violations corrected.
- The Mass Accessible Housing Registry is a free program that helps people with disabilities find rental housing in Massachusetts, primarily accessible and barrier-free housing. The database tracks accessible and affordable apartments throughout the state, maintaining information about their availability. This link takes you to a Web site external to Massachusetts state government.
- The Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) administers the Commonwealth's public and subsidized housing programs; in addition, DHCD oversees the Emergency Assistance system that provides shelter to homeless families and individuals. Rent in most of DHCD's subsidized and public housing is kept at low, affordable rates. DHCD also works with community groups, advocates, and other municipal and state agencies to provide an array of options to people threatened with the loss of their homes. If you are having trouble staying in your current home, are searching for a more affordable home, or need emergency housing assistance of any kind, please contact DHCD at 617-573-1100.
- F.O.R. Families is a home visiting program whose primary goal is to help homeless families transition from homelessness to stable permanent housing. Services are free and participation is voluntary.
- The UFFI program has been discontinued and the statute concerning air testing was repealed on 11/08/02; information on former air testing results and removal contractors is still available.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.