- Guidelines for determining service authorization for persons who need Department of Mental Health funded community-based mental health services, including details on the following topics: Application Process, Clinical Criteria, Needs and Means Criteria, Notification of Rights, and Appeal Guidelines.
- The Department of Mental Health (DMH) regularly publishes manuals for families and care providers that provide guidance on medications (including psychoactive medications), bipolar disorder, and schizophrenia.
- This form can be used to make a complaint about dangerous, illegal, and/or inhumane conditions or treatment experienced by a DMH client or anyone receiving services from a program or facility licensed or operated by DMH or contracted with DMH.
- This handbook defines and explains the regulations, statutes and policies that protect Children / Adolescents and Adults in facilities and programs operated and/or funded by DMH. The appendix includes a copy of the DMH Human Rights policy, relevant charts, forms, documents and listings of contact information and advocacy resources.
- The Massachusetts Department of Mental Health (DMH) sets the standards for the operation of mental health facilities and community residential programs and provides clinical, rehabilitative and supportive services for adults with serious mental illness, and children and adolescents with serious mental illness or serious emotional disturbance.
- Information on the mental health statutes, regulation, and policies that pertain to HIPAA and the services rendered by the Department of Mental Health (DMH).
- Service Application Forms are used when applying for mental health services from the Department of Mental Health (DMH) for adults, children, and adolescents. These forms are available for downloading and printing here.
- This is the Department of Mental Health's 2012-2013 State Mental Health Plan.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.