Key Components of MassCARE
- Medical and care coordination services offered by a multidisciplinary team of health care providers
- Access to HIV-related medical care, clinical trials, primary care and support services in a community-based setting
- Case management, including care coordination to ensure HIV positive infants, children, youth, and women are linked to early HIV care and support services
- Technical assistance to help providers provide high quality care to pregnant women and adolescents who are HIV positive or at-risk for HIV infection
- Peer Services, including one-to-one and support groups for HIV positive women and youth
- Transition services for youth, including health care transition
- Consumer Programs for women, youth and families
- MASSSTYLE ( Massachusetts Success Through Youth Leadership & Empowerment) for youth
- Annual Family Health & fitness Fair
- Regional and statewide consumer activities
MassCARE Community Sites
- Brockton Neighborhood Health Center
- Caring Health Center, Springfield
- Family Health Center, Worcester
- Greater Lawrence Family Health Center
- Lowell Community Health Center
MassCARE Consumer Programs
- MassSTYLE, Youth Program, Next Step, Cambridge (for youth and families)
- Federation for Children with Special Needs, Charlestown (for women and families)
MassCARE’s target population who are eligible for services are women of childbearing age, infants, children and youth living with HIV and their affected family members, and those at risk, especially youth.
- Moving On Positively: A Guide For Youth, Caregivers, and Providers file size 4MB file size 7MB
- Moving On Positively: A Guide For Youth, Caregivers, and Providers in Spanish file size 4MB file size 8MB
- Moving on Positively: A Guide for Youth, Caregivers and Providers Order Form file size 7MB
- Clinical Advisory Update - Routine HIV Screening In Massachusetts
- Clinical Advisory Update - Routine HIV Counseling and Testing of Pregnant Women (PDF)
Comment on Our Key Components, Activities and Family Support Initiatives
Sandra Broughton, Director, MassCARE
Bureau of Family Health and Nutrition
250 Washington Street, 5th floor
Boston, MA 02108
This information is provided by the Division for Children & Youth with Special Health Needs within the Department of Public Health.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.