Who To Contact

If you think you may be eligible for payments, call the Social Security Administration at 1-800-772-1213 to file a claim, or contact your local Social Security Office. If you want someone to help you such as a family member, caseworker or other representative, that person may contact Social Security for you.

You will get a faster decision if you give us:

  • Your Social Security Number
  • Medical records from your doctors, therapists, hospitals, clinics and caseworkers
  • Laboratory and test results
  • Names, address, phone and fax numbers of your doctors, clinics and hospitals
  • Names of all medications you are taking
  • Names of your employers and job duties for the last 15 years

If you are filing for a child, you also need school records regarding your child's disability.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Don't wait to file your claim for disability payments even if you don't have all this information.

Find the Social Security Office closest to you.

This information is provided by the Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission.