Who To Contact
If you think you may be eligible for payments, call the Social Security Administration at 1-800-772-1213 to file a claim, or contact your local Social Security Office. If you want someone to help you such as a family member, caseworker or other representative, that person may contact Social Security for you.
You will get a faster decision if you give us:
- Your Social Security Number
- Medical records from your doctors, therapists, hospitals, clinics and caseworkers
- Laboratory and test results
- Names, address, phone and fax numbers of your doctors, clinics and hospitals
- Names of all medications you are taking
- Names of your employers and job duties for the last 15 years
If you are filing for a child, you also need school records regarding your child's disability.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Don't wait to file your claim for disability payments even if you don't have all this information.
This information is provided by the Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission.