Who is and what does MASS ACCESS: The Accessible Housing Registry do for people with disabilities?
- Mass Access is a free program that matches people with disabilities with vacant, accessible housing.
- The Accessible Housing Registry is located at the Citizens' Housing and Planning Association where people with disabilities are linked with owners and managers of accessible housing.
- Mass Access catalogs the following housing information: location of housing by city or town, rent level, number of bedrooms, particular adaptable or accessible features and vacancy status
- Mass Access Registry includes information about state and federally assisted housing, public housing and private market-rate housing
- Mass Access is funded by the Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission and the Dept of Housing and Urban Development
Who is Eligible for Mass Access?
Any person who has a disability, family member, or advocate can obtain housing information, regardless of age, income or type of disability.
Who do I call? Where do I make an application for accessible housing?
The Mass Access Registry provides helpful information on-line.
The local Independent Living Centers can provide you with the housing information Mass Access collects. They will help you with the application process and give you information on tenant rights, civil rights, and home modifications. Ask for the housing coordinator at any one of these 11 Independent Living Centers.
|Berkshire County||(413) 442-7047|
|Boston (Inner city)||(617) 288-9431|
|Greater Boston||(617) 338-6665|
|Central Mass||(508) 798-0350|
|Cape Cod & Islands||(508) 775-8300|
|South Shore||(508) 583-2166|
|North Shore/Cape Ann||(978) 741-0077|
|Northeastern Mass||(978) 687-4288|
|Fall River/New Bedford||(508) 679-9210|
|Hampden/Franklin/Hampshire Counties||(413) 256-0473|
|Metro West||(508) 875-7853|
This information is provided by the Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.