- HCAP may establish open enrollment periods during which new referrals will be accepted. Enrollment periods will be dependent on available funding.
- During enrollment periods, HCAP Case Managers will accept referrals for their designated caseload area from any referral source by completing an application over the phone. If the referral is made by someone other than the applicant, the Case Manager will confirm the information provided by calling the applicant.
- Other comparable benefits for which the applicant may be eligible will be investigated.
- Case Managers will collect financial documents, signed release forms, medical documentation and in-home evaluation information before making a determination regarding eligibility and the number of service hours allowed.
- It can take up to 3-4 months to process an application, determine eligibility and arrange for services. Depending upon available funding, however, a wait list may be in effect. Individuals are placed on the wait list in order of their date of eligibility.
This information is provided by the Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission.