- HCAP provides only those services previously listed and does not offer: heavy chore, spring cleaning, assistance with moving, financial management, medication monitoring, personal care, companionship, childcare and baby sitting, or accompaniment to appointments.
- HCAP Case Managers often assist consumers in locating community resources to meet these other needs.
- There is a maximum of 12 hours of services provided per week. The average consumer receives 3-4 hours of assistance per week.
- Service provision is dependent upon the mutual cooperation of the consumer and the service providers. Consumers are expected to cooperate in the assessment, delivery and review of services through direct communication with their HCAP Case Manager and service providers. HCAP Case Managers can facilitate dialogue to resolve problems between providers and the consumer. However, failure on the consumer's part to work toward resolution may result in the termination of services.
- HCAP conducts periodic reviews of eligibility for each consumer.
- Consumers have a right to due process which is honored in all aspects of service delivery.
- HCAP services are only available to Massachusetts residents and are subject to annual appropriation by the Massachusetts Legislature.
Other In-Home Programs for People with Disabilities.
- Individuals who are legally blind may be eligible for services from the MA Commission for the Blind: Greater Boston 1-800-392-6450, Worcester (508) 754-1148 and Western MA.1-800-332-2772.
- Those age 60 and over may call the Executive Office of Elder Affairs at 1-800-243-4636 for information regarding services offered by the Aging Service Access Point.
- For information about services for children with disabilities contact the Department of Public Health (617) 624-5070.
- Personal Care Assistance Services or GAFC (Group Adult Foster Care) may be provided through Medicaid, CommonHealth or private home health agencies. Contact your local Independent Living Center for information or ask your doctor for a referral to a Certified Home Health Agency.
This information is provided by the Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.