The Home Care Assistance Program provides homemaker services to eligible adults with disabilities who are functionally limited in meeting their own nutritional and environmental needs. The assistance of a homemaker helps individuals maintain their independence while living in the community.
Homemaking Services are defined as direct assistance with:
- Meal Preparation
- Grocery Shopping
- Medication Pickup
- Light Housekeeping (Dusting, vacuuming, mopping, kitchen clean-up, bathroom cleaning, bed changes, and trash removal ONLY).
Homemaking Services are provided either by homemakers trained and supervised by Home Care agencies in contract with HCAP, or by individual Home Care Assistants selected and supervised by consumers and paid through contract with MRC. HCAP Case Managers assess applicants for eligibility, coordinate services in conjunction with the Home Care agencies and assist consumers with information and referral as needed to advance independent living goals.
Home Care Assistance Program Staff
- Betty Maher, Director
- Felix Jordan, Supervisor
- Angela Cipriano, Supervisor
- April Anderson, Eastern Worcester County
- Eloise Cruz, Suffolk County
- vacant, Southeast
- Liz Mahoney, Western MA
- Jim Cockerham, Middlesex County
- Jodi Watson, Plymouth County, Cape and the Islands,
- Lianna Marciniec, Essex County
Intake and Case Management Support
- Yoana DeJesus, Central, Western and Northeastern MA
- Michael Wood, Suffolk County
- Victoria Krinsky, Support to Southeastern and Suffolk County regions
- Ahn Van, Accountant
- Christine Rinaldi, Administrative Assistant
The Home Care Assistance Program
600 Washington Street, Boston, MA 02111
Telephone/TTY 1-800-223-2559, then dial 3 or (617) 204 3853
This information is provided by the Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission.