Brain Injury/General Information
- Brain Injury Association of Massachusetts
http://www.biama.org - Home page for the Brain Injury Association of MA, offering information, support groups, education, and advocacy.
- Center for Neuro Skills Traumatic Brain Injury Guide
http://www.neuroskills.com - This site contains some of the latest research articles in the field of Traumatic Brain Injury. Choose your topic of interest from the list of categories.
- The Whole Brain Atlas
http://www.med.harvard.edu/AANLIB/home.html - An especially good resource for acquired brain injury.
- Massachusetts General Hospital Neurosurgical Service http://neurosurgery.mgh.harvard.edu/SptGps.htm This easy-to-navigate site contains numerous support group resources (both live and electronic), e-mail list servers, web forums and chat rooms on numerous neurology topics including brain injury.
- National Dissemenation Center for Children with Disabilities
http://www.nichcy.org/ - This site contains basic information on TBI and children and youth, including many frequently asked questions and an extensive bibliography.
Disability Health Care and Law
- Access America
http://www.disability.gov/ - This site has extensive links to the United States federal government's web sites regarding topics such as children and youth, choice and self-determination, civil rights and protections, disability statistics, education, employment, health, housing, income support, recreation and travel, self-employment, tax credits and deductions, technology and transportation. Also includes links to the White House, U. S. House of Representatives and U. S. Senate.
- Medicare Rights Center http://www.medicarerights.org
- The Commission on Mental and Physical Disability Law http://www.abanet.org/disability/home.html - This site is maintained by the American Bar Association and is a good starting point for legal issues and disability.
- National Health Law Program
http://www.healthlaw.org/ - Excellent site includes detailed information about federal health policy, especially Medicaid and Medicare. Great links.
- MCARE (managed care) web site
http://www.mcare.net/ - A national clearinghouse on managed care and long-term supports and services for people with disabilities. This site has excellent links to managed care from consumers, insurers, providers and policy maker perspectives. This site is maintained by the Institute on Disability, University of New Hampshire.
National and Federal Organizations and Agencies
- National Association of State Head Injury Administrators
- National Institute of Health
- Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission's Vocational Rehabilitation Services or the home page for the MRC Supported Employment Services Program. In addition to an overview of this program, the SES pages have excellent information and links to other vocational sites, educational opportunities and legislative updates.
Special Education Guidelines
- Helpful resources for Parents from the Massachusetts Department of Education. - http://www.doe.mass.edu/sped/parents.html
Obtain information by calling (617) 204-3852 or toll-free (in Massachusetts only) 1-800-223-2559. TTY: (617) 204-3817. Or send an e-mail to SHIPU@MRC.state.ma.us.
This information is provided by the Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission.