Brain Injury and Specialized Services Providers
Brain Injury and Statewide Specialized Services (BI&SSCS) follows the policies and protocols of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission when contracting with either individuals or organizations to provide services to individuals living with traumatic brain injury. BI&SSCS usually uses a Request for Response (or "RFR") process to evaluate a provider’s qualifications and either 1) establish a pool of providers that BI&SSCS may draw from to develop contractual service provision relationships, or 2) develop a contractual relationship with a specific provider.
All BI&SSCS RFRs are posted on the Internet-based Commonwealth of Massachusetts Procurement Access and Solicitation System, also known as "Comm-PASS". This web site contains the Commonwealth’s procurement regulations, forms and a database of the contracting opportunities for not only BI&SSCS but any state agency. To view BI&SSCS’s RFRs, visit the Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission section of Comm-PASS at http://www.comm-pass.com .
What procurements are available through BI&SSCS?
BI&SSCS has open procurements in the following service categories:
- Community Services for Individuals with Traumatic Brain Injury or Developmental Disabilities (non-DMR eligible)
(RFR File #: MRC07SHIPCMCSW1)
- Clinical Services for Individuals with Disabilities (NB: This RFR allows for providers to contract with both the Community Services and Vocational Rehabilitation Services of the Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission.)
(RFR File #: MRC2001CLINSERVM01)
- Residential Services for Individuals with Traumatic Brain Injury (both 24-hour and less than 24-hour services)
(RFR File #: RFRSHIPRES072012000A)
- Specialized Residential Substance Abuse Rehabilitation Services for Individuals with Traumatic Brain Injury
(RFR File #: MRC20000SHIPSUBRES)
- Recreation Services for individuals 18 years and older with a brain injury.
(RFR File #: MRCRECSHIP03)
- Respite Care Services for Families of Individuals with Acquired Brain Injury and Developmental Disabilities (non-MR)
(MRC RESPITE CARE 9)
How Do I Obtain Further Information?
If you would like more information about our contracting opportunities, please call the Brain Injury and Specialized Services and speak with the RFR Coordinator.
Obtain information by calling (617) 204-3852 or toll-free (in Massachusetts only) 1-800-223-2559. TTY: (617) 204-3817. Or send an e-mail to SHIPU@MRC.state.ma.us.
This information is provided by the Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission.