Office of Diversity and Equal Opportunity
Lorraine Woodson, Acting Director. The mission of the DDS Office of Diversity, Equal Opportunity and Civil Rights is to facilitate and support a workplace environment that is free from unlawful discrimination and which enhances and celebrates the diversity of its workforce and programs.
- DDS Affirmative Action Policy Plan 2012 file size 6MB file size 12MB
- ADA/504 Non-Discrimination Based on Disability Policy
The Department of Developmental Services (DDS) self-identification campaign for Veterans. The Self-identification campaign will provide an opportunity for DDS employees who are veterans to self-identify through a simple process.
If you are interested in Self-identifying as a Veteran or have any questions regarding the process please contact Office of Diversity/Veterans Coordinator, phone: 617-624-7530 or via email: Lorraine.Woodson@state.ma.us
Events and Happenings
- Annual Diversity Council Meeting - June 22, 2012
Central West Region
- Metro Region Diversity Members 2012 file size 63MB
- Metro Region Diversity Committee
- Metro Diversity Cultural Festival file size 33MB
- Northeast Region Diversity Information file size 63MB
The diversity training educates employees about diversity as a business and social issue. It examines the philosophical underpinnings of the diversity perspective by placing the conversation in the context of the Department's commitment and ownership of diversity as a business issue. The specific areas examined are:
- Primary dimensions of diversity
- Secondary dimension of diversity
- Institutional dimension of Diversity
- Language and Cross cultural Communication
- Cultural competence as a developmental process
- ADA Awareness
Dates are available via PACE at: www.pace.state.ma.us/kc/login/login.asp?kc_ident=kc0001&strUrl=http://www.pace.state.ma.us/EOHHS/default.asp
The Disability Community
Contact the Central Office of Diversity:
Department of Developmental Services
Office of Diversity, Equal Opportunity, and Civil Rights
500 Harrison Avenue
Boston, MA 02118
Office Hours: Monday through Friday between 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (except federal and state holidays).
This information is provided by the Department of Developmental Services.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.