Office of Diversity and Equal Opportunity
Lorraine Woodson, Acting Director. The mission of the DDS Office of Diversity, Equal Opportunity and Civil Rights is to facilitate and support a workplace environment that is free from unlawful discrimination and which enhances and celebrates the diversity of its workforce and programs.
- DDS Affirmative Action Policy Plan 2015 file size 7MB
- DDS Diversity Plan 2016 file size 1MB
- ADA/504 Non-Discrimination Based on Disability Policy
- Discrimination Prevention Policy 2016
- Sexual Harassment Prevention Policy 2016
The Department of Developmental Services (DDS) self-identification campaign for Veterans. The Self-identification campaign will provide an opportunity for DDS employees who are veterans to self-identify through a simple process.
If you are interested in Self-identifying as a Veteran or have any questions regarding the process please contact Office of Diversity/Veterans Coordinator, phone: 617-624-7530 or via email: Lorraine.Woodson@state.ma.us
Events and Happenings
- Annual Diversity Council Meeting - June 22, 2012
Central West Region
- Metro Region Diversity Members 2012 file size 63MB
- Metro Region Diversity Committee
- Metro Diversity Cultural Festival file size 33MB
- Northeast Region Diversity Information file size 63MB
The diversity training educates employees about diversity as a business and social issue. It examines the philosophical underpinnings of the diversity perspective by placing the conversation in the context of the Department's commitment and ownership of diversity as a business issue. The specific areas examined are:
- Primary dimensions of diversity
- Secondary dimension of diversity
- Institutional dimension of Diversity
- Language and Cross cultural Communication
- Cultural competence as a developmental process
- ADA Awareness
Dates are available via PACE at: www.pace.state.ma.us/kc/login/login.asp?kc_ident=kc0001&strUrl=http://www.pace.state.ma.us/EOHHS/default.asp
The Disability Community
Contact the Central Office of Diversity:
Department of Developmental Services
Office of Diversity, Equal Opportunity, and Civil Rights
500 Harrison Avenue
Boston, MA 02118
Office Hours: Monday through Friday between 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (except federal and state holidays).
This information is provided by the Department of Developmental Services.