Accessibility at Home & Work
- Adapting the Kitchen
- Organizing and Modifying Your Home
- Creating Safe Environments for People with Vision Loss: The Basics! file size 7MB
- Easy Access Housing for Easier Living
- Lighting Tips
- Reducing Glare
Lighting Research Center
- Tips for Confident Living at Home
Daily Living Strategies
- Everyday Living
- Dining (pdf)(rtf)
- Household Organization
- How to Best Assist a Person Who Has Vision Impairment
- Making Text Legible
- Personal Self Care
- Task Organization
- Falls- Older Adults
Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Fire Safety for Individuals with Vision Impairment
U.S. Fire Administration
Orientation & Mobility Techniques for Individuals with Visual Impairment
Let's Walk Together
This collaborative video with DDS shows how human guide, also known as sighted guide, can be used by individuals with visual impairment, legal blindness, or deafblindness in a variety of everyday situations including walking through doorways, on stairs, and safely getting into or out of a car and van. This video and handouts addresses the unique needs of individuals with vision loss who use walkers or gait belts.
- Mobility Canes
file size 1MB
- Standard Sighted Guide
file size 8MB
- Trailing, Landmarks, Squaring Off, and Protection
file size 4MB
- Voice Guiding
- Being A Sighted Guide
American Foundation for the Blind
- Indoor and Outdoor Travel Skills for Adults with Vision Loss
Resources for Environmental Safety & Accessibility
- Anti-Slip Tape
- Step Stool with Double Handrails
- Accessibility Products
Accessible Environments, Inc.
- ADA Compliant Handrails & Railings
- ADA Handrails and Railing System
Simplified Building Concepts
- Detectable Warning Pavers
Tile Tech Pavers
- Grab Bars and Handrails
- Non Slip Treads Designed for Stairs and Decks
- Step Edges
R.C.A. Rubber Co.
- Step Stool with High Handle
Lisa DiBonaventura, M.A., COMS
Please note: By posting these Web links, it is not our intention to endorse or recommend the sites. These sites are being offered only as informational resources.
This information is provided by the Department of Developmental Services.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.