- Dress as if you were going on an interview.
- Bring multiple copies of your resume (25-35).
- Know (or have with you) all the information you will need to fill out a job application.
- Have names and phone numbers of at least 3 professional references with you.
- Practice with friends ahead of time introducing yourself (including shaking hands) to employers.
- Carry your date book in case an employer wants to schedule an interview with you at a later date.
- Research any employer for whom you are interested in working.
- Look neat and clean.
- Bring business cards (if you have them).
- Be prepared to talk positively about your skills and abilities.
- Know what types of jobs you're interested in.
This information is provided by the Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.