Brockton, MA 02301
Telephone: (508) 583-1530
Fax: (508) 427-5788
Relay (800) 439-0183
We assist individuals of all disabilities to go to work. If you are unemployed or underemployed, you may be able to benefit from vocational services. All VR consumers must reside in Massachusetts and be eligible to work in the United States. The Brockton Area Office serves the following communities: Abington, Avon, Bridgewater, Brockton, Canton, East Bridgewater, Easton, Holbrook, Rockland, Sharon, Stoughton, West Bridgewater and Whitman.
To Make a Referral
Any individual with a disability can inquire about obtaining services. Friends, relatives, and health care providers can also refer an individual to MRC. Our services are designed to assist individuals with disabilities to make informed choices about work. We have two easy ways you can start this process:
- Call (508) 583-1530 and mention that you would like to arrange a referral. A member of our staff will help you complete a short telephone inquiry. You will be invited to attend an orientation session and the process of assigning counselors will be explained.
- Walk into our office between the hours 8:45am and 5:00pm, Monday through Friday, and a member of our staff will assist you.
For dates and times for the following Information Sessions and Workshops
Call us at (508) 583-1530
M.R.C. Informational Seminar
- Weekly Orientation Sessions at Brockton M.R.C.
- Learn about M.R.C., the eligibility process and our services.
- Decide if you would like to proceed with our assistance.
Social Security Workshop
- A one session group information meeting with a Social Security Representative.
- An opportunity to ask questions about Social Security - SSI and SSDI.
- Get clarification about benefits and working while disabled.
- A two session group to acquaint individuals with MRC and Informed Choice.
- Reduce stress you might have about working with MRC or stress about going to work.
- Learn how to communicate your needs in the rehabilitation process.
- A six session group to learns skills to help determine a career.
- Find your interests, abilities, transferable skills and work values.
- Learn how to develop a career choice.
Job Seeking Skills
- Develop the skills needed for a successful job search.
- Learn how to present yourself on paper, in person and on the phone to employers.
The Job Club is for MRC consumers actively seeking employment.
For information call (508) 583-1530.
- For MRC consumers to learn more about themselves.
- Assessments designed to show a variety of jobs at which you might be successful
- GATB (General Aptitude Test Battery) or COPS (Career Occupational Preference System)
These test batteries measure your interests and abilities to help with career planning. For test dates and times e-mail or call your counselor at (508) 583-1530
Directions to our office:
The Brockton Area Office of the Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission is located behind City Hall in Downtown Brockton on the ground floor of the Brockton Commons high rise apartment building in City Hall Plaza. Our building is located between City Hall and rear side the Main Street parking garage. A Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission sign is above our door to the right of the sign for the Brockton Commons Apartment building.
There is metered parking available on Crescent Street and in the municipal parking lot on Montello Street (to the north on the front side of City Hall on School Street.) There is also a parking garage on the corner of Main and Crescent Streets diagonally in front of our offices that charges an hourly rate. There is limited HP parking at City Hall and in the parking garage.
From Route 24 (Exit 17) Route 123 (east)
Follow Route 123 North (Belmont Street ) for approximately 2.5 miles. MA-123 North becomes Main Street. Turn Left onto Main Street and get into the far right lane. Turn right onto Crescent Street. You can park in the Parking Garage or the metered parking spaces along Crescent Street. The Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission will be in the red brick apartment building (Brockton Commons) on the rear side of the parking garage.
From Route 24 (Exit 18A) Route 27 (east)
Follow the road to the second set of lights staying in the far right lane. Take a left at these lights. Staying in the right lane, take a right at the next set of lights onto West Street. Follow West Street to the first set of lights at West Junior High School and take a left onto West Elm Street. Follow West Elm Street to the end. As you cross over Main Street the road will turn into red stone (VFW Parkway ). Straight in front of you will see the Brockton Commons Apartment Building where we are located. The Parking Garage will be on your right or you may find metered parking on Crescent Street at the end of VFW Parkway.
From Whitman Route 27 (west)
Follow Route 27 west past Christo's Restaurant toward Downtown Brockton. Once you pass Christo's go through 6 sets of lights (not counting the lights at the fire station). Before you reach the 7 th set of lights you will go under a stone bridge. At the 7 th set of lights take a left (Montello Street ) and then a right at the 1 st set of lights (Crescent Street). The parking garage will be on your right or you may be able to find metered parking on Crescent Street.
From Abington Route 123 (west)
Follow Route 123 past Brockton Hospital toward Downtown Brockton. Once you pass Brockton Hospital, follow Centre Street past East Junior High School and through 2 sets of lights. Before you reach the 3 rd set of lights you will go under a stone bridge. At the 3 rd set of lights take a left (Montello Street ) at the 2 nd set of lights take a right onto Crescent Street.
The parking garage will be on your right or you may be able to find metered parking on Crescent Street.
From West Bridgewater Route 28 (north)
Follow Route 28 north (Montello Street ) through Brockton. Once on Montello Street go through 3 sets of lights. Montello Street runs parallel to Main Street. At the 4 th set of lights take a left onto Crescent Street. The parking garage will be on your right or you may be able to find metered parking on Crescent Street.
Via Public Transportation
MBTA Commuter Rail-South Station/Middleborough Line-Brockton Station (the 2 nd Brockton Stop at the Police Station)
Once off the train, walk towards the stairs keeping the Police Station to your left. Walk down the stairs (or if necessary follow the ramp around to the front of the police station and proceed to the bottom of the stairs on Centre Street.) Take a right and follow to 1 st set of lights. Walk to the next set of lights (you will see City Hall on your right.) Take a right here and walk behind City Hall. Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission will be in the red brick building on your left.
Via BAT Bus Outbound From Bus Terminal
Bus Number #2-Campello stops at Crescent Street and Maple Avenue. Across the street you will see a tall red brick apartment building (Brockton Commons). Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission is on the ground level of this building before the entrance to Brockton Commons.
Via BAT Bus Inbound to Bus Terminal
Bus Number #3-Belmont Street stops at Crescent Street and Maple Avenue. Across the street you will see a tall red brick apartment building (Brockton Commons). Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission is on the ground level of this building before the entrance to Brockton Commons.
This information is provided by the Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission.