Important! This office has moved as of March 7, 2014
The new location is
110 Mulberry Street
Brockton, MA 02302
Telephone: (508) 583-1530
Fax: (508) 427-5788
Relay (800) 439-0183
We assist individuals of all disabilities to go to work. If you are unemployed or underemployed, you may be able to benefit from vocational services. All VR consumers must reside in Massachusetts and be eligible to work in the United States. The Brockton Area Office serves the following communities: Abington, Avon, Bridgewater, Brockton, Canton, East Bridgewater, Easton, Holbrook, Rockland, Sharon, Stoughton, West Bridgewater and Whitman.
To Make a Referral
Any individual with a disability can inquire about obtaining services. Friends, relatives, and health care providers can also refer an individual to MRC. Our services are designed to assist individuals with disabilities to make informed choices about work. We have two easy ways you can start this process:
- Call (508) 583-1530 and mention that you would like to arrange a referral. A member of our staff will help you complete a short telephone inquiry. You will be invited to attend an orientation session and the process of assigning counselors will be explained.
- Walk into our office between the hours 8:45am and 5:00pm, Monday through Friday, and a member of our staff will assist you.
For dates and times for the following Information Sessions and Workshops
Call us at (508) 583-1530
M.R.C. Informational Seminar
- Weekly Orientation Sessions at Brockton M.R.C.
- Learn about M.R.C., the eligibility process and our services.
- Decide if you would like to proceed with our assistance.
Social Security Workshop
- A one session group information meeting with a Social Security Representative.
- An opportunity to ask questions about Social Security - SSI and SSDI.
- Get clarification about benefits and working while disabled.
- A two session group to acquaint individuals with MRC and Informed Choice.
- Reduce stress you might have about working with MRC or stress about going to work.
- Learn how to communicate your needs in the rehabilitation process.
- A six session group to learns skills to help determine a career.
- Find your interests, abilities, transferable skills and work values.
- Learn how to develop a career choice.
Job Seeking Skills
- Develop the skills needed for a successful job search.
- Learn how to present yourself on paper, in person and on the phone to employers.
The Job Club is for MRC consumers actively seeking employment.
For information call (508) 583-1530.
- For MRC consumers to learn more about themselves.
- Assessments designed to show a variety of jobs at which you might be successful
- GATB (General Aptitude Test Battery) or COPS (Career Occupational Preference System)
These test batteries measure your interests and abilities to help with career planning. For test dates and times e-mail or call your counselor at (508) 583-1530
This information is provided by the Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission.