157 Pleasant Street
Malden, MA 02148
Tel. (781) 324-7160
Fax (781) 388-9345
We assist individuals of all disabilities to go to work. If you are unemployed or underemployed, you may be able to benefit from vocational services. All VR consumers must reside in Massachusetts and be eligible to work in the United States. This Area Office serves the following communities: Everett, Lexington, Lynnfield, Malden, Medford, Melrose, North Reading, Reading, Saugus, Stoneham and Wakefield, Winchester, and Woburn.
To Make a Referral
Any individual with a disability can inquire about obtaining services. Friends, relatives, and health care providers can also refer an individual to MRC. Our services are designed to assist individuals with disabilities to make informed choices about work. We have two easy ways you can start this process.
- Call (781) 324 7160 and mention that you would like to arrange a referral. A member of our support staff will help you complete a short telephone inquiry and you will be assigned a counselor who will contact you to arrange an appointment.
- Walk into our office between the hours 8:45am and 5pm (Monday through Friday) and a member of our support staff will assist you.
Directions to Our Office
From the North or South:
- Take Route 93 to EXIT 33 (FELLSWAY WEST - 28 SOUTH) and follow it to the second traffic light.
- Take a left onto Route 60.
- Go to the fourth set of lights (after passing under the train station) and take a left onto Florence Street.
- Take the first right onto Exchange Street (this is a one way street).
- Follow this to the traffic lights and take a left onto Main Street.
- Take your next left onto Pleasant Street. We are about three quarters of the way down the street. Directions are the same from Route 28. There is limited on street parking and several garages and lots in the area.
MBTA: Take the Orange line to Malden Station. When you come down the stairs go out the RIGHT side of the building and cross Florence Street. Go through or around the Government Center Building. Pleasant Street is on the other side and we are located about 120 yards down on the left side of the street.
This information is provided by the Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission.