40 Industrial Park Road, Suite 206
Plymouth, MA 02360
TTY: 508- 747-4937
We assist individuals of all disabilities to go to work. If you are unemployed or underemployed, you may be able to benefit from vocational services. All VR consumers must reside in Massachusetts and be eligible to work in the United States. This Area Office serves the following communities: Halifax, Hanover, Marshfield, Pembroke, Plympton, Hanson, Duxbury, Kingston, Carver, and Plymouth.
- Have you been working at the same of type of job for years, but a disability has forced you to leave? Let us help!
- Have you never been able to work, but are now ready to check out your options to seek employment? Let us help!
- Do you have a job, but your disability is affecting your ability to perform the duties of your job? Let us help!
Our professional team is committed to our mission: to provide vocational counseling and other support services to people with disabilities to assist them in obtaining or retaining employment. The vocational counseling process is individualized according to each person's needs, assuring attention to your abilities, past experiences, and goals for the future. We offer assessments of aptitudes and interests, goal setting, training options, job interviewing and placement assistance.
To Learn More About Our Services
Any individual with a disability may apply for services. If you are interested in applying for services or learning more about our services, please attend one of our information sessions. Information sessions are held every Wednesday at 2:00 pm. No reservation is needed, Family members and other service providers are welcome, too. Just come to the office and there will be a seat waiting for you. Following the information session, you may complete a referral if you feel the services are what you need. After completing a referral, you will be put on a 90-day waiting list before meeting with a counselor.
Plymouth MRC offers a variety of individual services and group offerings to get you back to work.
Aptitude and Interest Testing
A variety of interest inventories and aptitude tests are available to help you identify your vocational preferences and correlate them with your natural talents and strengths.
MRC staff can assist with job development and placement. Some clients will be provided job development and placement services with a community vendor. If additional coaching is needed on the job, MRC may be able to provide that service as well.
This ongoing group meets Thursday afternoons to share job seeking strategies, trade job leads, and provide support to each other in the job search.
Social Security Benefits Counseling
Meet with an MRC Benefits Counselor who will explain what happens to your SSI/SSDI benefits when you return to work.
If you are found financially eligible, you may be provided training opportunities at local colleges or technical programs to prepare you for your vocational goal. Counselors will also connect you with other training opportunities in the community as they arise and as appropriate to help you reach your employment goal.
Directions to Our Office
From the North and South
- Take Route 3 to Exit 7 in Plymouth. Merge onto Route 44 West.
- Take first exit, (Route 80, Cherry St., No. Plymouth.) At the end of the exit take a right.
- At the 2nd light take a left and then your first left at the stop sign. This is Industrial Park Road.
- We are number 40 on the right, about a mile after the left. We are upstairs from the Registry of Motor Vehicles so you can also follow the blue RMV signs.
From the West
- Take Route 44 East to the Cherry St., Route 80, No. Plymouth Exit, then follow the same directions as above.
Parking and the entrance to MRC is to the rear of the building. Parking for individuals with proper HP plates or placards is available in the lot, or through the gated entrance to the medical parking area.
This information is provided by the Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission.