Roxbury MA 02119
We assist individuals of all disabilities to go to work. If you are unemployed or underemployed, you may be able to benefit from vocational services. All VR consumers must reside in Massachusetts and be eligible to work in the United States. This Area Office serves the following communities: Hyde Park, Dorchester, Roxbury, Mattapan and the South End of Boston.
To Make a Referral
Any individual with a disability can inquire about obtaining services. Friends, relatives, and health care providers can also refer an individual to MRC. Our services are designed to assist individuals with disabilities to make informed choices about work. We have two easy ways you can start this process.
- Call (617)-442-5510 and ask to speak to the Counselor on Duty (COD). You will be asked to furnish your name, address, phone number, date of birth, social security number and the nature of the disability. You may also be asked some brief questions about how your ability to work has been affected. An appointment will then be made to attend an in-office orientation.
- Come to our office in person between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Ask to speak with the Counselor on Duty (COD).
Orientations are held weekly at the Roxbury Office on Thursdays at 9:30 a.m. The group orientation will provide basic information on the general services the agency can provide a person with a disability in their efforts to return to work. Upon completion of the orientation session, each person will be assigned to a vocational-rehabilitation counselor for personalized services.
If a person cannot attend the regularly scheduled orientation, an individual meeting will be arranged with a vocational-rehabilitation counselor.
Directions to Our Office
The Roxbury Area Office is located in the same complex that houses the Dimock Community Health Center in Roxbury. Our address is 40 Dimock Street. The office is on the 3rd floor of the Zakrzewska Building directly across from the Dimock Detox.
Directions by car:
- From Hyde Park/Roslindale: Take Hyde Park Ave or Washington St. to the Forest Hills station. (From Washington St. turn right at Ukraine Way and then left onto Hyde Park Avenue). Forest Hills Station should be on your left. Hyde Park Ave. turns into Washington Street after the Forest Hills Station. Follow Washington Street until Columbus Avenue (Approx 1 _ miles). This is Eggleston Square. Bear left onto Columbus Avenue. Follow Columbus approximately 1/3 mile until you come to Dimock Street. Turn right into the health center complex. Park in one of the lots or on the street.
- From Mattapan/Dorchester: Get onto Blue Hill Avenue. After you go past Franklin Park Zoo bear left onto Seaver Street. Follow Seaver Street to Eggleston Square and onto Columbus Ave. Go 1/3 mile to Dimock Street and turn right into the health center complex. Park in one of the lots or on the street.
- From Upham's Corner: Follow Columbia Road to Blue Hill Ave. Right turn onto Blue Hill. Then follow directions from Mattapan/Dorchester.
- From Field's Corner: Follow Adams Street to Bowdoin Street. Left on Bowdoin and then left onto Quincy Street. Follow Quincy Street to Columbia Road. Left onto Columbia and follow directions from Upham's Corner.
From the South End: Get onto Tremont Street heading towards Forest Hills. Tremont Street will turn into Columbus Avenue at Roxbury Crossing. Continue straight on Columbus through Jackson Square. The first light after Jackson Square is Dimock Street. Turn left into the health center complex. Park in one of the lots or on the street.
Directions by MBTA:
- From Forest Hills: Take the #42 bus. Get off at Dimock Street (Corner of Dimock and Washington Sts.) Walk up Dimock Street to #40. OR Take the Orange Line to Jackson Square. Turn left out of the station and walk to Columbus Avenue. Turn right and walk to Dimock Street (Approximately 1 block - the next stop light). Turn left on Dimock into the health center complex and go to #40.
- From Ruggles Station: Take the #22 or #42 bus. Get off at Dimock Street (Corner of Dimock Street and Columbus Avenue). Cross street and walk up Dimock Street into health center complex and go to #40. OR Take Orange Line to Jackson Square and follow second set of instruction above.
- From Mattapan/Dorchester: Take the #29 bus and get off at Dimock Street (Corner of Dimock Street and Columbus Avenue). Walk into the health center complex and go to #40.
- From Uphams Corner and Dudley Station: Go to Dudley Station. Take the #42 or the #44 bus. Get off at Dimock Street (Corner of Dimock Street and Columbus Avenue). Cross the street and walk up Dimock Street to #40.
- From Ashmont Station: Take the #22 bus. Get off at Dimock Street (Corner of Dimock Street and Columbus Avenue. Walk into the health center complex and go to #40.
- From Jackson Square: Take the #22 or #44 or #29 bus. Get off at Dimock Street (Corner of Dimock and Columbus Avenue. Cross the street and walk up Dimock Street to #40.
This information is provided by the Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.