- MRC VR staff will outline available vocational rehabilitation services when you attend a group orientation or schedule an individual appointment. To inquire about an orientation at the VR office nearest you, click on the office locator.
- If you are interested in receiving services, a professional vocational rehabilitation (VR) counselor will be assigned to meet with you and assist you in obtaining a job.
- During the initial interview, you and your VR counselor will have the opportunity to discuss your employment interests, concerns and vocational goals.
Eligibility Information is gathered from:
- Hospital and other medical records
- Self report
- Social Security Administration
Eligibility Determination is made by:
- Identifying substantial barriers to employment caused by a disability.
- Establishing a reasonable expectation that a positive employment outcome will occur as a result of VR services.
Making Informed Choices
Your Individual Plan for Employment (IPE) is developed cooperatively by you and your counselor and may include the following:
- Personal Goals
- Career Interests Survey
- Work History
- Trial Work Experience
- Labor Market Research
After gathering relevant information, you and your counselor decide on a realistic, time limited vocational plan and map it out on paper.
Read more information about informed choice.
The following are examples of typical resources available at VR offices during your job search:
- Resume Preparation
- Job Seeking Skills Training
- Electronic Job Hunting
- Interview Skills Training
- Job Leads
- Job Placement Assistance
- MRC's VR Program will provide you with support, advocacy and follow-up services for at least 90 days after you secure employment.
- You may be eligible to receive post-employment services for up to three years after you are placed in a job and your case is closed.
This information is provided by the Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission.