In an ongoing effort to monitor, evaluate and continuously improve, MassHealth tracks access, practice and quality in its home-and community-based behavioral health services. This section includes data on behavioral health screening, service utilization, and other regularly updated reports.
Behavioral Health (BH) Screening Cumulative Quarterly Report
Based on MassHealth claims and managed care encounter data, the report displays behavioral health screening rates by region and age group, as well as data on the number of youth whose screening indicates a potential behavioral health condition. Please refer to the Data Heading Definitions .
Community Service Agency (CSA) Reports
Based on data reported by each of the 32 CSAs, the report displays referral, enrollment, discharge, and staffing data, including data on the length of time between a request for service and service availability, and on any waiting lists. All data is reported as of the end of the month for each month.
Mobile Crisis Intervention (MCI) Key Indicators Report
Based on data reported by each of the MCI programs, this report displays data on nine key indicators, including the number of distinct MCI encounters, the number of encounters occurring in the community, average response times, and the percent of MCI encounters resulting in an inpatient admission.
- MCI Key Indicator – Provider Level Report (FY 17) file size 5MB file size 3MB
- MCI Key Indicator – Statewide Report (FY 17) file size 1MB file size 2MB
Service Utilization Quarterly Reports
Based on managed care encounter data for members who have received any CBHI service, the report includes unduplicated counts of youth receiving each of the new MassHealth services; the average number of hours of service delivered per month per service; and patterns of service usage by youth receiving ICC.
- Fiscal Year 2016 file size 3MB file size 3MB
- Fiscal Year 2015 file size 3MB
- Fiscal Year 2014 file size 3MB
- Fiscal Year 2013 file size 1MB
- Fiscal Year 2012 file size 2MB
- Fiscal Year 2011 file size 2MB
- Fiscal Year 2010 (PDF) file size 3MB
Wraparound Fidelity Index (WFI) Summary Reports
Wraparound fidelity, as measured by the MA Wraparound Fidelity Assessment System (MA WFAS), is defined as the degree to which intensive care coordination teams adhere to the principles of quality wraparound and carry out the basic activities of facilitating a wraparound process. Each year Massachusetts assesses its fidelity to the Wraparound model.
- WFI Summary – 2015 file size 1MB
- WFI Summary – 2014 file size 2MB file size 12MB
- WFI Summary – 2013 file size 2MB file size 11MB
- WFI Summary – 2012 file size 2MB file size 7MB
- WFI Summary – 2011 file size 1MB file size 4MB
- WFI Summary – 2010 file size 1MB file size 5MB
System of Care Practice Review (SOCPR) Regional Reports
As part of its ongoing effort to evaluate the quality of care delivered to youth under 21 receiving MassHealth children’s behavioral health services, the state selected the System of Care Practice Review (SOCPR) process. The SOCPR, which was developed by the University of South Florida (USF), uses a multiple case study methodology to learn how important System of Care (SOC) values and principles are operationalized at the practice level, where youth and families have direct contact with service providers. A series of five regionally-based reviews of the care delivered by Intensive Care Coordination (ICC) and In-Home Therapy (IHT) providers was conducted in 2013/14. The reports from those reviews are posted below:
- Western | May 2014 file size 2MB file size 3MB
- Southeast | March 2014 file size 2MB file size 3MB
- Central | January 2014 file size 1MB file size 2MB
- Northern | October 2013 file size 1MB file size 1MB
- Metro Boston | June 2013 file size 1MB file size 1MB
Massachusetts Practice Review (MPR) Reports
Based on recommendations of the final summary System of Care Practice Review (SOCPR) report, the Commonwealth created the Massachusetts Practice Review (MPR) tool in order to align with the best practice Wraparound process implemented by MassHealth for CBHI services. The MPR Report of Pilot Reviews describes key protocol revisions and impressions from the MPR pilot test reviews, as well as plans for future MPR reviews using the new protocol and provider sampling procedures. System and provider quality improvement efforts as a result of SOCPR implementation are also briefly described. Reports from subsequent review cycles will be posted here.