- There are special eligibility rules for persons who need long-term-care services at home, or who are waiting to go into a long-term-care facility.
- You may have to make a monthly payment to the long-term-care facility. This is called your patient-paid amount.
- MassHealth offers three special programs that allow certain MassHealth Standard members to get needed long-term-care services at home.
- Information about how to get Personal-Care-Attendant services by MassHealth.
- The application process for long-term-care benefits from MassHealth.
- You have the right to appeal decisions we make about your MassHealth benefits and services.
- The Executive Office of Elder Affairs, Executive Office of Health and Human Services and the Office of Disabilities and Community Services are actively working to implement a vision of Community First. Community First is an overarching policy that enables citizens to be empowered to age with dignity and independence in their communities through access to person-centered integrated systems, supports, and choices. This policy reflects collaborations among individuals, families, private partners, and government and requires a range of mechanisms to support the effort.
Get to know SCO! A health care plan that’s as individual as you are!